Looking for the perfect honeymoon? Honeymoons are a special time in our lives and sometimes it can seem impossible to choose. Whether you are looking to adventure, relax, seek romance, shop, or have a pina colada on the beach, the following list are our top picks for a once in a lifetime escape!
For Luxury, Relaxation, and Scuba Diving: Bora Bora, French Polynesia
1. From pristine turquoise beaches, to over-water bungalows, and breathtaking views, Le Meridan Bora Bora is first on our list for your ultimate honeymoon destination. Indulge in the fine dining, have breakfast canoed to your bungalow, and cuddle up to your honey to watch the sunset overlooking the calming lagoon. For the adventure seekers, this is one of the best places for scuba diving in the world! The protected reef is filled with an abundance of marine life and depending on the season, you just may find yourself swimming next to manta-rays or whales. Bora Bora is one of our favorite destinations we have ever been to! As they say in the French Polynesia, “Manual”- Cheers!
For Adventure Seekers and Wildlife Lovers: Queensland, Australia
2. If adventures fill your soul like they do ours, Australia is an amazing destination that will give you memories to last a lifetime! If you want to dive the Great Barrier Reef, hand-feed crocodiles, sing next to a bonfire with kangaroos, and hike gorgeous waterfalls, Queensland, Australia is definitely the place for you! Queensland, Australia is known for its tropical climate, scuba-diving, snorkeling, hiking, adventure, and stunning warm beaches. If you are looking for more of a quiet time, we recommend heading to Port Douglas! If you are looking to party the night away, then we recommend staying in Cairns. For accomodations we recommend the following hotels from our experience; Mantra PortSea in Port Douglas, Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort, and Blue Lagoon Resort in Cairns.
For Culinary and Theater Connoisseurs: New York City, United States
3. New York City is filled with romance, spectacular broadways, first class hotels, and some of the best restaurants in the country! Imagine grabbing a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity on your way to the famous Times Square to purchase your tickets for tonight’s broadway show. Then stroll down Central Park and cuddle up with your one and only for a romantic horse carriage ride to end up at the elegant restaraunt One if By Land, Two if By Sea. Magic is always in the air in New York City!
For the Exotic Explorers: Thailand
4. If your idea of romance and adventure is heading off to some of the most pristine beaches in the world, renting a longtail boat for the day, taking a tour to the James Bond island, or visiting an elephant sanctuary, then Thailand is your ideal honeymoon destination. In our experience, we recommend visiting the following islands; Phuket is great for adventures, cultural influence and cuisine. If you have seen Leonardo Dicaprio’s movie, “The Beach”, then you have heard of Koh Phi Phi. On this island, a day trip to Maya Bay is highly recommended! We also had the privilege of visiting the famous Koh Tao. Koh Tao is known for world class scuba diving. If you are a certified diver, you must make a day trip out to Sail Rock as it is an underwater aquarium with high chances of seeing a whale shark!
For the Sophisticated Palate: Napa Valley, California
5. Do you envision being nestled among lush rolling hills, breathtaking views, secluded B&B’s, world class spas, and wineries to toast on your new journey as husband and wife? Napa Valley wine country has all of this to offer and more! Napa has over two hundred and seventy wineries, romantic hot air balloon flights, and some of the best restaurants in town. We highly recommend staying at The Meritage Resort and Spa! The resort offers cave wine tastings at Trinitas wine cellar, bbq lunches at the pool, and they even have a bowling alley! In addition, there is a famous michelin- starred restaurant in the area called French Laundry that is highly recommended especially for special occasions. When visiting the wine country, we recommend the following wineries; Trinitas, Castello di Amorosa, and the Silverado Vineyards.
For the Luxurious Beach Bum: The Maldives
6. Picture this: white sandy beaches, beautiful coral reefs, exquisite shades of turquoise crystal clear water, secluded private islands, and an underwater diver’s paradise. The beauty of the Maldives is truly mesmerizing and will leave you breathless. It is the perfect tropical escape for honeymooners, The Maldives are located in the Indian Ocean southwest of India and Sri Lanka and are an archipelago made up of 26 coral atolls, which are made up of over a thousand islands. We highly recommend staying at Vilamendhoo Island Resort! The resort is budget friendly, all-inclusive, and has the best house reef in South Ari Atoll.
For the Big Kids at Heart: Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
7. Walt Disney World is a dream destination and a magical place! There is so much to see and and multiple exciting parks to visit during your “Disneymoon”. Take a trip on the seven dwarfs mine train at the Magical Kingdom and enjoy gourmet dining with the beast at The Beauty and the Beast Castle. Don’t forget to try the “gray stuff”, it’s delicious! Then, head on over to Epcot center where you can visit eleven world nations in just one day! Looking for an adventure? Check out the Animal Kingdom, where you can go on a real live safari privately guided expedition or visit the magical world of Avatar! Ready to ride in a stretch limo with the rockin tunes of Aerosmith? Head on over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios just around the corner! If you are seeking accomodation, there are a variety of luxurious and budget-friendly resorts on property. Our favorite is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where you can view giraffes right outside your balcony. Don’t forget to take a stroll through Disney Springs for live music and enjoy dinner at The Boathouse, one of our personal favorite restaurants!
For the Trendy Travelers: Dubai
8. Dubai is one of the world’s most exhilarating and remarkable destinations. Enjoy afternoon tea at the Burj Khalifa, high-end desert safaris, sail away on private yacht charters, or go shopping at the largest mall in the world. Dubai offers the ultimate luxurious honeymoon one can imagine. Make way to the beautiful Atlantis Resort and dine with a table for two at Pierchic, voted ‘Best Romantic Restaurant’!
For the All-Inclusive Couple: Riviera Maya, Mexico
9. The Riviera Maya is a stunning honeymoon destination full of white sand beaches, turqouise waters, luxury suites, all-inclusive cuisine, and historical ruins. Lay poolside with your mango margarita and catch some rays while planning your excursion to the famous Chichen Itza where you will view one of the seven wonders of the world and swim in a cenote. If you want to learn more about the Mayan culture, check out Xcaret where you can swim through caves and enjoy the Mexico Espectacular show! Feel like dancing the night away, head over to Cancun as the city offers a wild and crazy nightlife.
For the Charismatic Couple: Royal Caribbean Cruise
10. Set sail around the caribbean, meet new people, enjoy unlimited gourmet food, and watch amazing theatrical performances! Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is your ultimate honeymoon get-away! Zip-line Dragon’s Breath in Labadee, Haiti, swim with stingrays in the Grand Cayman Islands, dive the blue hole in Belize, climb the Dunn’s River Falls in Jamaica, sip rum in Antigua, and become culturally inspired in Honduras! Enjoy the world with the company of others and take in the beautiful sunset with a cocktail by the pool!