LA ZOO LIGHTS!
LA Zoo Lights is an AMAZING nighttime holiday light experience! It first started in 2014 and has grown each year since! From the moment you walk through the entrance, you will experience giant glowing snowflakes, a disco-ball forest, glittering light tunnels, and beautiful light animals. Journey through this magical landscape and don’t forget to make a stop at the spectacular water and light show! Come “ZooLAbrate” their 50th anniversary and celebrate this holiday season with a remarkable experience you won’t forget!
- Take a self-guided 60- to 90-minute tour of a large area of the Zoo featuring animal-themed LEDs, lasers, 3D projections, and animated displays, with Golden Anniversary touches throughout.
- Enjoy dazzling new features for the 2016/2017 season, such as interactive photo ops, a “black light party” within The LAIR reptile house, and a reimagined water show featuring fanciful animations.
- Capture your holiday memories in a photo with Santa Claus in a glittering snow-covered setting on select dates.
- Get a glimpse of real reindeer – including two babies!
- Take a ride on the carousel!
- Warm up with hot cocoa and other holiday treats.
- Become part of the show with glowing merchandise available for purchase.
- Take advantage of free parking!
The LA Zoo Lights was a FANTASTIC experience for us! When we arrived, we were given a map of the zoo that instructed us on where everything was. As we entered the gates, it looked as if you were walking into a magical holiday fairytale filled with glowing snowflakes and disco-balls , spectacular lights, lazers, gliterring tunnels, 3D projections, a live band, and Christmas music! It was MAGICAL!
Although the animals are put away at night, you can still visit The Lair and the reindeer! The Lair was our first stop! Here we discovered living amphibians, reptiles, and invertebrates. The LAIR comprises some of the rarest species among North American zoos, some of which are not showcased anywhere else in the world and others that have never been displayed at the Los Angeles Zoo.
- The LAIR encompasses over 60 species of amphibians, invertebrates, and reptiles from around the world.
- The LAIR is comprised of six diversely themed areas: the Damp Forest, Betty’s Bite and Squeeze room named after Betty White, co-chair of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association, Care and Conservation room, Behind the Glass, Arroyo Lagarto, and theDesert LAIR.
- All murals are hand-painted by different artists and represent the natural habitats of the LAIR’s species including mountainous regions of China, Central America and Mexico; lush forests of Africa, South America, and the Philippines; river banks of New Zealand, Australia and Louisiana; deserts of Southern California, Arizona and Mexico.
You will see many different reptiles including rattle snakes, scorpions, a gila monster, king snakes, gopher snakes, Catalina Island rattle snakes, lizards, tortoises, and many more interesting species.
After visiting the Lair, we walked through the glowing disco forest! It was beautiful! We also made a stop at the spectacular water and light show! This is a MUST see!
As we made our way around, we stopped to watch the live band, see the reindeer, and even made our way to get hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps! This was hands down one of the best hot chocolates we have ever had! Do not miss this when you visit! The Churro Factory is fantastic too! Definitely worth getting one!
The carousel is another great experience that we highly recommend when visiting LA Zoo Lights! This is purchased seperately but it is inexpensive and very well worth waiting for!
LA Zoo Lights was a remarkable experience for us and we will be back with friends and family! We would like to say thank you very much to Laura Stegman for hosting us and we highly recommend doing LA Zoo Lights when visiting the Los Angeles area!
Buy Tickets Online!
Special Events and Promotions:
Family New Year’s Eve